Facts about CIE
Facts about CIE qualifications.
Cambridge International Examinations is the world’s largest provider of international education programmes and qualifications for learners aged 5 to 19.
Cambridge Assessment is a department of the University of Cambridge, trusted for excellence in education.
Qualifications are recognised by the world’s universities and employers.
Cambridge IGCSE® (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) is internationally recognised by schools, universities and employers as equivalent in demand to UK GCSEs.
More than 9000 schools are part of our Cambridge learning community.
Over 160 countries offer their learners an international education based on the curricula and leading to the qualifications. Every year, thousands of learners use Cambridge qualifications to gain places at universities around the world.
Cambridge programmes and qualifications are designed to support learners in becoming:
- confident in working with information and ideas
- responsible for themselves, responsive to and respectful of others
- reflective as learners, developing their ability to learn
- innovative and equipped for new and future challenges
- engaged intellectually and socially, ready to make a difference.